2007年7月8日日曜日

Names and addresses

Names and addresses
Next weeks class is about names and addresses. To prepare for the class, answer questions in the textbook on page 9 number 1,3 and 7.

1, How do you choose a child's given name in your family?

I will choose my child's given name with my favorite Chinese characters and their meaning. that name will have my hope to a child in the future. it is not strict though. I may care about the number of strokes in a Chinese character because it's kind of trend in Japan.

3,Does your given name or your family name mean anything?
Yes, it has. My given name's Chinese character has a meaning but my given name have no meaning. one meaning of my Chinese character is vegetable and the other is beauty. I know it is funny. so when I was in the states, many friends laughed (^^) My family (actually, my mother) decided my name with her favorite form of Chinese character not meaning. she wanted my name to have two letter because my older sisters also have it.
Most Japanese family care about the number of strokes in a Chinese character, however, my family didn't. so maybe in my family.

7, How do you know if names are boy's names, girl's names, or both?
Most common reason is sometimes boy's names have "O" "ROU" and girl's names have "KO""MI" at the end of their name. the other reason is that since I have a friends, i have met many friends who have the same names and it always fits with girl or boy so I remember it is boy's name or girl's name unconsciously.

2 件のコメント:

HJU Teacher さんのコメント...

Good comments. What doeas your chinese characters mean?

☆Shooting-Star★ さんのコメント...

yes, I have. I put my chinese characters mean in my blog.